The Ginger Highway
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ginger Highway

Bring it on

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stupid lack of merit raises...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lep4life

lep4life

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Stupid lack of merit raises... Empty
PostSubject: Stupid lack of merit raises...   Stupid lack of merit raises... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 1:25 am

OK, I need to vent...

I got my first review at my new job last week and I only got a crappy 3% raise. Most people are only getting that much, but I also know one person that got a 2% and one that got no raise - so I guess I should be happy, but I'm not!

I'm pissed because in my eight months there I have been trained in 6 of the 9 areas and am proficient enough to be able to open and close 4 of them completely unassisted. Oh, and I've only been full-time for 3 of those months. Other people that got the same raise that I did only know how to work in one area and still need help closing. AND the one person I know that got a 4% raise not only just works in one area, but she flat out refuses cross-training. Ugh!

Even 4% is a horrible raise though. It's basically a cost of living increase. So what is my incentive to bust ass all the time in all these areas?

Managers are stupid!

~Tracy
Back to top Go down
Kimterp
Admin
Kimterp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Stupid lack of merit raises...   Stupid lack of merit raises... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 8:16 am

Managers are usually terrible and don't know how to manage. Drives me nuts!

My boss can be a bitch.. (oh wait..I'm self employeed Wink)
Back to top Go down
https://thegingerhighway.niceboard.com
fourt9rkim

fourt9rkim

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Stupid lack of merit raises...   Stupid lack of merit raises... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 8:53 am

We get 3-4% every year, regardless....we are union, so no matter if someone is a lazy ass, or if someone busts their butt...we get the same raise.

But you're right...most bosses couldn't find their way out of a paper bag even if you directed them to the opening. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fourt9rkim
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid lack of merit raises...   Stupid lack of merit raises... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stupid lack of merit raises...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ginger Highway :: Our real life :: Work & bosses-
Jump to: